In order to reduce shipping costs, this item must be ordered in multiples of 48.
At Portacool, LLC, manufacturer of Kuul evaporative media, we have built a global organization with a local feel. It is our belief that our products are only as effective as the service we provide to stand behind them.
Portacool is committed to manufacturing a wide variety of the products you need - in the USA - and has inventory that is ready to ship faster than anyone else in the industry. We have world-class distribution and proven logistical capabilities around the world.
DuraPro Technology - Edge Coating
A harsh environment calls for parts that can withstand the elements. Add DuraPro - Kuul's proprietary edge coating technology - to your Kuul Vitality evaporative media to add an additional layer of durability to an already tough product. When applied, DuraPro extends the life of your evaporative media in demanding environments and allows for easier cleaning with less damage to the outward facing edge of the media. The dark color of DuraPro coating prevents light from entering the media and reduces the growth of algae. When used on the bottom edge of evaporative media, DuraPro prevents the media from dissolving due to constant contact with water.
How to Maximize Evaporative Media Life
- Visually inspect the media for bowing and sagging or dry streaks
- Dry the evaporative media completely every 24 hours
- Inspect the sump tank, remove any debris and make sure the water level is correct
- Check the water distribution system for leaks and clogged water distributor holes
- Check bleed-off rate and adjust if necessary
- Check water flow rate and adjust if necessary
- Check pumps and clean any debris from the inlet
- Clean water filter
Every 4 - 6 Weeks (during operating season):
- Remove and brush evaporative media with a soft bristle brush then flush system to remove debris
- Drain and disinfect the entire water distribution system
- A clean water distribution system is the most important aspect for maintaining the entire evaporative cooling system. This, coupled with quarterly inspection/maintenance checks, will ensure a properly operating evaporative cooling system
- Do not cycle the pump. This will cause the evaporative media to wear out prematurely.
- Only use products that are approved for use with Kuul evaporative media. For a comprehensive maintenance guide, please contact your Kuul evaporative media specialist.