Suffusion is an effective blend of surfactants for use on all types of growing media in nurseries, greenhouses, interior plantscapes, and soil production. Suffusion works by reducing surface tension of applied water, penetrating into dry and water repellent areas, and linking together water-repellent soil and water. Peat, bark or alternative compost substrates are typically candidates for Suffusion.
An effective blend of 3 types of surfactants:
- Re-wetting Agents
How does it work?
- Reduces surface tension of applied water
- Penetrates into dry and water repellent areas
- Links together water repellent soil and water
Where to use?
- Peat, bark or alternative compost substrates
- During production of compost
- On growing media during plant production
How to use?
- Incorporate granule or liquid during production of growing media
- Use liquid as a drench, for top watering, basal irrigation or drip irrigation
- Use through the irrigation/fertigation system
- As a mist to cuttings
- Use granules as a top dressing for containers
When to use?
- Production of quality compost
- Production of quality plants
- When edge effects cause uneven drying
- When wet spots occur
- When irrigation demands are high
- If plants are suffering water related stress
- Use in nurseries, greenhouses and compost production
- Can be used on all types of growing media
- Liquid or granular formulations easy to use
- Gives excellent initial wetting and improves water penetration
- Offers long term re-wetting (rate dependent)
- Ensures uniform wetting of the growing media
- Helps retention of optimum Moisture levels in the growing media
- Reduces the number of dry spots or excess water in the growing media
- Improves drainage
- Optimum balance between water and air spaces
- Allows growing media to dry more evenly
- Helps to optimize water utilization
- Is easy to mix even under cold conditions
- Improves distribution in the media of other products, and therefore can enhance performance
- What does the grower gain?
- Offers the plant 100% of the media to grow in
- Management of water and reduction of labor and disease
- Improved distribution and uptake of nutrients and other media incorporated products
- Healthier growing conditions and reduced stress in plants
Alkoxyether SurfactantsLabeled for use on:
All types of growing media in nurseries, greenhouses, interior plantscapes and soil production.Conditions controlled:
Resistance to wetting.Application:
Soil incorporation or top dressingNotes:
For more complete mixing information, please see Product Information Bulletin.EPA No:
½ lb. to 2 lb. per cubic yardSafety Data SheetSpecimen LabelProduct Information (PIB)