Pylon TR Total Release Miticide-InsecticidePylon® is a name that growers trust to control mites and thrips and it is now available in a new total release aerosol.
Pylon® TR total release insecticide provides control of mites, thrips and adult fungus gnats. Pylon TR total release insecticide is a miticide/insecticide that offers quick and easy application, thorough coverage, excellent plant safety and flexible re-entry times.
This unique total release formulation is also a great space mix partner with Attain® TR micro total release insecticide or Pyrethrum® TR micro total release insecticide for great knock-down and control. Also, space mixing with other BASF total release insecticides and fungicides, including Beethoven® TR miticide/insecticide or Tame®/Orthene® TR insecticide, gives growers another easy-to-use rotation option for even greater control of greenhouse pests.
Mites (including two-spotted spider mites), Thrips and Adult Fungus Gnats.(See label for additional insects controlled.)Use Sites:
For use on ornamental crops and fruiting vegetables grown in commercial greenhouses. Pylon TR total release insecticide may be used on bedding plants, cut flowers, flowering hanging baskets, foliage, fruiting vegetables, potted flowering plants and ornamentals.Active Ingredient:
4.5% ChlorfenapyrMode of Action:
Interferes with energy production in cell mitochondriaBehavior in Pests:
Translaminar and an effective contact and ingestion activity; the pest will die from an inability to generate its own energy.Use Rates:
One total release can treats up to 3,000 sq. ft.Signal Word:
- 10 air exchanges OR
- 2 HR REI = 2 hours of ventilation using fans or other mechanical ventilating systems OR
- 4 HR REI = 4 hours of ventilation using vents, windows or other passive ventilation OR
- 12 HR REI with no ventilation
Protective eyewear, long-sleeved shirt, long pants, chemical resistant gloves and shoes plus socks.
Keys to Success
- The top of the Pylon TR total release insecticide can should be at or above the plant canopy before application.
- Clear out a three-foot diameter area around the can to prep for application.
- The can should be at room temperature during the application.
- Close all vents and doors to the area being treated.
- Shut down all HAF fans just before activating cans. HAF fans should remain off for a minimum of three hours or all night.
- For single-level plants, choose the low rate; for multiple-level plants, choose the high rate.
Ground ship onlyView more info
- Do not apply more than three times during a crop growing cycle.
- Do not use on tomatoes with a diameter <1” when mature.
- Allow at least 5-7 days between each application on fruiting vegetables.
- Do not compost any discarded plant materials that have been treated with this product.
- Do not use in small, enclosed spaces such as closets, cabinets, or under counters or tables.
- Use of Pylon TR total release insecticide in an enclosed space may cause it to explode, resulting in injury to people or damage to property.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers; only protected handlers may be in the treated area during application.