Reasonable substitutions may be made on some orders. If you will not accept substitutions, please specify “no substitutions” when placing your order.
Always allow sufficient lead time between order date and ship date.
No cancellations or changes in orders will be accepted within 60 days prior to ship date unless approved by the Plants and Cuttings Dept. of Hummert International™. We are bound by contracts with our growers and their lead times for bringing in unrooted cuttings and seed for your orders.
No C.O.D. shipments of plants and cuttings will be made.
*Shipping methodsOur growers vary with shipping methods but most common is FedEx for smaller orders and LTL or Air Freight for larger orders.
Some of our growers have special rates which make small shipments economical. Shipments are not insured and are shipped at customer’s risk. Some growers choose Next Day, or Second Day exclusively – This is done for the best interest of the plants and we cannot change.
*Procedures for Damaged or Lost Shipments
- COUNT AND EXAMINE MERCHANDISE IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL
Note any discrepancies on all copies of the delivery receipt and have the driver initial them.
Take photographs of any damaged plant material or packaging.
***Under no circumstances should you refuse the shipment.***
- DO NOT THROW AWAY ANY PORTION OF THE SHIPMENT’S PACKING MATERIAL OR MERCHANDISE
Support the claim with the following documents:
- A copy of the original bill of lading
- A copy of the carrier’s receipt of delivery showing notation of damage or shortage with initial of carrier’s driver
- A copy of statement of non-delivery from delivering carrier & consignee in cases where the entire shipment is lost
NOTIFY HUMMERT INTERNATIONAL™ PLANTS & CUTTINGS DEPT. OF ALL DAMAGE OR LOSSES (Within 24 hours. of receipt of merchandise). If you do not, we lose our right to claim with the grower and may not be able to credit you.
- Give us an itemized list of damage or losses
- Send digital photos of damaged plants and packaging
- We will set up a reorder and ship date as soon as possible
- This will be made at regular charge
- It is, however, the buyer’s responsibility to file claim and payment for merchandise is due within our specified terms regardless of damage
*PROCEDURE FOR POOR PLANT MATERIAL DUE TO DISEASE OR POOR CULTURE
- NOTIFY HUMMERT INTERNATIONAL™ PLANTS & CUTTINGS DEPT. IMMEDIATELY. (Within 24 hours) If you do not, we lose our right to claim with the grower and may not be able to credit you
- We will contact the grower and ask that credit be issued and reorder for you if you so desire
- When we receive credit from the supplier we will in turn issue credit to you
- DO NOT DISCARD ANY OF THE PLANT OR PACKING MATERIAL. Keep it until you are notified of the action to be taken on the order. In some cases it is necessary to return the merchandise to the shipper before credit can be issued