Rice Hulls - Par Boiled
Item No. 10210000
PBH Rice Hulls PBH Nature’s Media Amendment is a uniquely processed rice hull product from Riceland Foods, Inc. with multiple uses in the greenhouse and nursery environment. BENEFITS Discover the best rice hulls in the business. For greenhouse production, PBH Nature's Media Amendment is the perfect
PBH Rice HullsPBH Nature’s Media Amendment is a uniquely processed rice hull product from Riceland Foods, Inc. with multiple uses in the greenhouse and nursery environment.
Discover the best rice hulls in the business.
For greenhouse production, PBH Nature's Media Amendment is the perfect perlite replacement. In nursery stock, PBH is used as a container topdress to prevent airborne weed seeds from reaching the soil surface.
- Lower basic cost than perlite
- Creates optimum porosity, drainage and stability
- Requires little or no adjustment to fertility and irrigation
- Dramatically less dusty than perlite
- About one-third few deliveries than perlite – 7 PBH truckloads versus 10 of perlite
- Less freight, labor, storage and packaging
- Natural color blends well with other media components
- As in any organic media, there is decomposition over a long period of time, yet PBH remains stable during the typical growing plant production cycle
- PBH Nature’s Media Amendment is OMRI listed and WSDA registered for organic production
- Its physical size, shape and bulking properties produce optimum air-filled pore space, water-holding capacity and drainage, while its natural color blends with other media components
- Uniquely processed to ensure purity, PBH is sized, cleaned and subjected to a series of heat treatments that collectively sterilize the rice hulls and renders any residual rice kernels, weed seeds or disease pathogens non-viable
- Greenhouse-proven PBH offers environmental, horticultural and economical advantages
- Topdressing with 1 to 2 inches dramatically improves weed control for just pennies per container
- Significantly reduces hand-weeding labor and expense
- Improves control of moss species such as liverwort
- Reduces potential for drought stress and watering
- Delivers economical, earth-friendly weed management
|Please Note||Any other questions? Please chat us at the bottom of your screen, give us a call, or send us a message. We'd be happy to further assist you.|
There are no reviews yet.