Dolomitic Lime Pelletized - Ultra
When plants need both calcium and magnesium, Ground Force’s Dolomitic Lime is a great way to get these important nutrients right where they are needed. Dolomitic Lime is a natural source for both of these minerals. Magnesium plays a key role in the photosynthesis process of plants and is vital in the overall systems of plant growth.
Dolomitic Lime contains 10.1% Magnesium along with 17.5% Calcium. With our manufacturing process, high ECC levels are achieved resulting in pH modification in the first application year.Calcium (Ca): 17.5%
Magnesium (Mg): 10%
Calcium Carbonate Equivalent: 80%
Calcium Oxide (CaO): 17%
Magnesium Oxide (MgO): 17%
Moisture (Maximum): 1%
- Magnesium is necessary in sand modified growing medias that lack the required magnesium levels for plant development.
- Utilizing pelletized lime, managing different zones can be achieved w/ a high level of accuracy. i.e.
- Golf Greens vs. fairways
- Results in first application year
- Proper soil pH results in healthy soil biology, resulting in reduced need to mechanically manage thatch.
- Soil pH’s between 6.0 and 6.8 results in improved nitrogen efficiency, resulting in darker green color, improved summer heat/drought tolerance and reduced winter desiccation.
- Proper soil pH allows for improved herbicide efficacy, resulting in both better weed control and reduced pesticide usage.