Hi-Calcium Lime Pelletized - Ultra
Ground Force’s High Calcium Pelletized Lime provides high levels of calcium to the soil in order to combat acidity within the soil. At MK Minerals Inc., we pulverize our limestone into a fine powder. Then pelletize it to allow for rapid release upon usage.
Hi-Cal Lime is an extremely pure form of calcium carbonate that is low in magnesium. With our manufacturing process, high ECC levels are achieved resulting in pH modification in the first application year.Calcium (Ca): 33%
Magnesium (Mg): 0.7%
Calcium Carbonate Equivalent: 86%
Magnesium Carbonate: 2%
Moisture (Maximum): 1%
- Utilizing pelletized lime, managing different zones can be achieved w/ a high level of accuracy. i.e.
- Zosia fairways vs. fescue roughs
- High vs. low management zones
- Customer’s pet friendly areas vs. non-pet areas.
- Results in first application year.
- Proper soil pH results in healthy soil biology, resulting in reduced need to mechanically manage thatch.
- Soil pH between 6.0 and 6.8 results in improved nitrogen efficiency resulting in darker green color, improved summer heat/drought tolerance and reduced winter desiccation.
- Proper soil pH allows for improved herbicide efficacy, resulting in both better weed control and reduced pesticide usage.
- With magnesium levels <1%, you can be assured already compacted turf areas will not be made worse with magnesium additions.