Click here for Hummert's Terms & Conditions of Sale
Methods of Shipping
- AIR FREIGHT
- Recommended for larger orders.
- Include with each order your complete shipping address, phone number and location of the nearest airport.
- Please let us know if we must use a specific airline.
- UNITED PARCEL SERVICE (UPS)
- Not recommended for shipment of plants.
- Include with each order your complete shipping address and phone number. UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box.
- UPS WILL ACCEPT NO CLAIMS ON DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF PLANT MATERIAL. Shipments are made under the total responsibility of the consignee.
- PRIORITY MAIL, AIR MAIL, SPECIAL DELIVERY
- Recommended for shipping small orders, particularly to USVI. Not recommended during weather extremes.
- Mail Service will accept no claims on damages or losses of plant material due to spoilage.
- FEDERAL EXPRESS
- Some of our growers have special rates which make small shipments economical. Shipments are not insured, shipped at customer’s risk. Some growers choose Next Day, or Second Day exclusively - we cannot change.
- TRUCK SHIPMENTS
- Recommended for large plant material.
- Please keep in mind that you will be charged for a minimum of 100 cu. ft. shipment whether it is 5 cu. ft. or 99 cu. ft.
- In some areas, truck shipments are delivered to regular drop points & you are not required to meet 100 cu.ft. minimum. per order. Please call for information on shipping available to your area.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
- Reasonable substitutions will be made on some orders. If you will not accept substitutions, please specify “no substitutions” when placing your order and allow sufficient lead time.
- No cancellations or changes in orders will be accepted within 30 days prior to ship date unless approved by the Plants and Cuttings Dept. of Hummert International™.
- No C.O.D. shipments of plants and cuttings will be made.
Procedures for Damaged or Lost Shipments
- COUNT AND EXAMINE MERCHANDISE IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL
- Be on the lookout for dents, punctures, rips, etc.
- Note any discrepancies on all copies of the delivery receipt and have the driver initial them.
- Be sure to sign all copies of the delivery receipt.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU REFUSE THE SHIPMENT.
- REQUEST INSPECTION IF DAMAGE IS DISCOVERED LATER
- Upon inspection, a joint inspection report in duplicate must be filled out completely and signed by both you and the carrier’s inspector. Be sure you get a copy of it.
- If the inspection is waived by the agent, note his name and the time of the inspection request.
- DO NOT THROW AWAY ANY PORTION OF THE SHIPMENT PACKING MATERIAL OR MERCHANDISE
- Keep them until you have received notification of the action to be taken on your claim.
- FILE A CLAIM WITH DELIVERING CARRIER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
- State the reason for filing and itemize the amount claimed in a letter or ICC Form 301, “Standard Forms for Presentation of Loss or Damage Claims”.
- Support the claim with the following documents:
- A certified copy of the original bill of lading
- A certified copy of the original paid freight bill
- A certified copy of the original invoice
- A certified copy of the carrier’s receipt of delivery showing notation of damage or shortage with initial of carrier’s driver
- A certified copy of the inspection report signed by carrier’s agent and you, for damage found after delivery
- A certified copy of statement of non-delivery from delivering carrier & consignee in cases where the entire shipment is lost.
- Please Note: A copy can be certified by writing on it “This is to certify this is true copy of ( )” and then sign it.
- NOTIFY HUMMERT INTERNATIONAL™ PLANTS & CUTTINGS DEPT. OF ALL DAMAGE OR LOSSES (Within 24 hours. of receipt of merchandise)
- Give us an itemized list of damage or losses.
- We will set up a reorder and ship date as soon as possible.
- This will be made at regular charge.
- It is, however, the buyer’s responsibility to file claim and payment for merchandise is due within our specified terms regardless of damage.
- PROCEDURE FOR POOR PLANT MATERIAL DUE TO DISEASE OR POOR CULTURE
- NOTIFY HUMMERT INTERNATIONAL™ PLANTS & CUTTINGS DEPT. IMMEDIATELY. (Within 24 hours) If you do not, we lose our right to claim with the grower and may not be able to credit you.
- We will contact the grower and ask that credit be issued and reorder for you if you so desire.
- When we receive credit from the supplier we will in turn issue credit to you.
- DO NOT DISCARD ANY OF THE PLANT OR PACKING MATERIAL. Keep it until you are notified of the action to be taken on the order. In some cases it is necessary to return the merchandise to the shipper before credit can be issued.
Photographs of damaged or unsatisfactory plants are required.
Electronic images that can be e-mailed are preferred.
All plants are guaranteed viable and true to name. Our liability is limited to purchase price. Hummert International™ assumes no responsibility for incidental losses.